Water Leak Detection & Repair
Water Leak Repair Pros
Sometimes, it’s obvious you have a plumbing leak because water is filling up your basement or bathroom! Other times, the leak is hidden or buried underground, and you have no idea about it until you open your water bill and see an increase in usage.
The team at Ricky Heath Plumbing can find and repair water leaks in your home. If you think you have a water leak, call us as soon as possible. We will come to your home, find the source, and make the repairs. If you are experiencing flooding, turn off the water supply and call the Macon Water Authority or your other local water supplier immediately. We will respond as quickly as possible.
When our team comes to your home to find a hidden leak, we begin by assessing your home’s construction.
- If you have a crawlspace, our team will use it to go underneath your home to check for any signs of a water leak
- If your home is on a slab, we want to be certain we know where the leak is before we dig. To do this, we cut off the water where it connects to the slab and watch your water meter. If the meter stops spinning, the leak is likely under the slab.
Need to Find a Water Leak?
How Do I Know If I Have a Water Leak?
- Your monthly water bill is unusually high
- You hear water running in the house when you aren’t using water
- Your water meter is spinning when you aren’t using water
Preventing Leaks in the Winter
While Middle Georgia is known for its heat, the colder winter temperatures can damage your pipes. If water is frozen in your pipes, it can expand and cause them to burst. To prevent this, you can:
- Open cabinets under the sink to allow warm air to circulate
- Drip water in the sink on especially cold nights
- Insulate pipes in unheated areas of your home, like crawlspaces, basements, or garages